Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reconnecting

Our lease is up the end of April and we are looking to rent a house or townhouse. In my search, I came across a townhouse in the same neighrborhood an old friend of mine used to live in. Olivia and I used to work together at the first daycare I worked at. She had a sweet little boy named Reason and became pregnant with Reilly. We were such good friends and hung out quite often. She was there for me during my pregnancy. She referred me to a great OB-GYN office and helped me through all the details about pregnancy and delivery. We eventually took different work paths but maintained contact, although it became less and less frequent. Before I knew it, we lost touch. I think about her every now and again and miss her friendship. Well, when I came across the townhouse in her old neighborhood, I just had to find her. I looked her up in the phonebook. Last I had heard she had gotten back together with her kids father. I decided to write (yes with a pen and paper) a letter hoping it would reach her whether they were together or not (he could at least pass it along as long as I had his right address). Today Olivia picked up little Reilly from school because she is sick. She took her home to be with daddy and checked the mail. She got my letter and called me on her way back to work. We chatted for about 20 minutes and made a date to talk again. She was and still is such an amazing person and a wonderful friend! I am so glad to have reconnected with her!!!

1 comment:

Ed and Melissa said...

By any chance does she live in Buford near Lake Lanier? We have a family in our neighborhood with a little boy named Reason and a little girl named Reilly? That would be a small world!